Senior Business Analyst - Oracle Project Accounting
Polycom helps organizations unleash the power of human collaboration. More than 400,000 companies and institutions worldwide defy distance with secure video, voice and content solutions from Polycom to increase productivity, speed time to market, provide better customer service, expand education and save lives. [Keep reading]
Polycom and its global partner ecosystem provide flexible collaboration solutions for any environment that deliver the best user experience, the broadest multi-vendor interoperability and unmatched investment protection.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Finance, HR and Legal Applications, the Senior Business Analyst Oracle Project Accounting is responsible for engaging with the business team to clarify needs and design R12 Oracle Project Accounting/ Financials modules. Analyze long term requirements for corporate financial systems and make recommendations and proposals in implementing strategies with Oracle Project Accounting. Define, architect and build solutions for business requirements and mapping solutions in Oracle Project Accounting/Financials and related boundary systems. Understand heterogeneous application footprint and design solution accordingly. Lead and deliver the project functional design document by translating business requirements to system functional design. Work with other cross-track business analyst and developers in converting the Business Solution
• Provide Oracle Project Accounting subject matter expertise to assist the current Financials functional team in completing Oracle E-Business Suite R12 implementation.
• Share subject matter expertise in Oracle Project Accounting including Project Costing, Project Billing, Project Management, Project Resource Management, Receivables, Order Management, Payables and Purchasing.
• Deliver daily production break and fix support and also assist with enhancements to the Oracle modules. Project Management tasks, including managing team and overall support plans, and managing functional/technical (development, system test, interfaces) teams during enhancements.
• Provide the functional, technical and analytical abilities sufficient for the support and configuration of Oracle 11i/R12 applications, including experience with Oracle workflows, personalization and extensions.
• Resource needs a deep understanding of the functional processes and is able to work directly with the users.
• Assess current business processes and recommend best practices.
• Review existing configurations and setups and make corrections and changes as needed.
• Lead technical resources when required to resolve bug fixes, and/or to produce alerts, workflows, enhancements as needed.
• Interact effortlessly with business/user community to determine and document new functional or technical requirements, to work with other IT professionals to implement solutions.
• Conduct gap analysis between delivered functionality and client requirements and recommend solutions.
• Develop new solutions to streamline business processes through the use of an integrated ERP system.
• Provide super users with additional training regarding Oracle systems and business best practices.
• Coordinate integration testing, user acceptance testing, training and documentation.
· Must be heavy functional and recent hands-on experience with a Oracle E-Business Suite 11i and/or R12 Project accounting.
· Prior Experience in implementing Oracle Project Accounting including Project Costing, Project Billing, Project Management, Project Resource Management, Receivables, Order Management, Payables and Purchasing Oracle EBS R12/ R11.
· Minimum of 5 to 7+ years in Oracle E-Business Suite 11i/R12 with emphasis on Project Accounting.
· Minimum of 2 full project life cycles experience including solution roll-outs.
· Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of finance and operations departments and industry best practices and trends.
· Excellent project management skills and the ability to work with multiple clients and complex processes.
· Must be solutions-oriented and have exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate project expectations with team members and other stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance and/or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• No Agency Resumes will be accepted for this Position. • No relocation budget authorized. • Thank you very much for your interest in Polycom! • Polycom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V